If you’ve not used a visiting pet sitting service before – or even if you have – here are some handy pointers to help make your pet sit visits run smoothly while you’re off enjoying your holiday…
- Where possible, place all food required for the duration in a central position close to the food and water bowls. (If you have a pet that will ‘help themselves’ if you leave food out, then in a central position in a cupboard or drawer near the bowls would be appreciated.).
- Place all cat litter required for duration next to the tray(s). A dustpan and brush, scoop, and a couple of large garbage bags placed there would also be greatly appreciated – thanks!
- Restrict access to as many areas of the home as possible by shutting doors to bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry wherever possible. This helps the pet sitter sight the pet more easily when the service call is made. (Naturally, ensure that the pets are not trapped in these areas when you seal them off.).
- Following on from point 3, please ensure that in all the commotion of leaving your home for the trip that the pet(s) are ‘all present and accounted for’ in the area that will be visited, i.e., not sealed off in other areas, or trapped in wardrobes etc (where cats in particular like to curl up)!
- Please ensure all the pets’ medications, flea treatments and vet visits are up to date.
- Ensure the pet sitter has a contact number for you while you travel, as well as a local emergency contact (normally a friend or relative).
Since 2006, Cat Butler has been filling bowls, emptying litter trays and cuddling cats all over the north shore.
With over 1500 lower north shore and upper north shore cat sitting clients, Cat Butler (formerly Pet Butler Pet Sitting) operates a premier pet sitting service all over, Artarmon, Cammeray, Chatswood , Cremorne, Greenwich, Kirribilli, McMahons Point, Mosman, Naremburn, Neutral Bay, North Sydney, Northbridge, Waverton, Willoughby, Wollstonecraft, Crows Nest, Gordon, St Ives, Pymble, Lindfield and Killara.